- Lessons will cover microphones, cables, consoles, recording machines – type and use. We also focus on studio etiquette, team building, and the interpersonal dynamics of a recording session. Voted 5/5 by our students
- Beginner’s and intermediate classes both availible. Click here to see our current class schedule
- We also offer private engineering lessons, instrument lessons, internship opportunities, and recording workshops, as well as lessons in Logic, ProTools, and Reaper.
Rehearsal SpaceJam for dayz
- Our main recording space is great for rehearsals. Make as much noise as you want without having to worry about what your parents, spouses, neighbors, or children will allow 😉
- PA & instruments (drum kit, guitars, bass, amps, keys, and more) just $5/hr each
- Open 24 hours a day (as long as an engineer is availible
- Check out our calendar for availible times or reserve time directly through the book a jam app
Recording and MixingWe have flexible project pricing
- Come over to the studio for a free tour & talk over your goals
- We have many talented engineers specializing in all types of music. Check out our staff page to learn more about our crew
- We want the final cost to be under your complete control. We custom tailor your production schedule to fit your budget. We regularly work with tiny budgets to get tracks laid down fast, to full production with hundreds of hours on the project. IT’S ENTIRELY UP TO YOU.
The purpose of having a record producer is to receive real-time constructive feedback and to be given strong and focused direction into what you are trying to achieve. A producer plays many roles in the album recording process, and every record needs a different approach. Working mainly as a link between the listener and the artist, a good producer is one who SEES the music for its potential and can help the artist develop it further. Production is a collaborative art.
A beat producer is someone who creates original compositions of rhythmic structures that a rapper or soul artist writes lyrics for. Beats can be created exclusively for one artist or licensed out to multiple parties. Depending on the arrangement, this is generally where this relationship ends…
Though sometimes, an artist will use the same beat producer for many albums and have them tailor beats to their style and even arrange songs or parts. In this case, the producer would give sway to the final outcome of an album, just as album producers might.
Voice Over Recording
We offer voice over recording for a great variety of projects, such as podcast and radio productions, film, commercials, educational videos and software, audio books and more. Former clients include ESPN and WNYC as well as individuals who wanted to capture their written work in audio form. We love to hear what you have to say!
Great sound requires quality equipment, knowledgeable workmanship, and attention to detail. Sprout City Studios has a great compliment of mics, pre’s, outboard/plug-in processing, and a knowledgeable crew. With 3 halls, one vocal iso-booth and a large main room for recording, we can accommodate just about everyone, and definitely ANY TYPE of project. We have recorded groups containing up to 12 members in this space.
We’ll work with the talent of your choice but we can also connect you with voice over artists suitable for your project.
If you require phone patch, we have standard connections via Skype, GoToMeeting or simply speaker phone. However, we do not possess ISDN.
Other Recording Options:
- Mobile Recording
- Location Sound
- Sound Design & FX